1. HOW MUCH ARE YOUR PACKAGES?
Please shoot me through an enquiry for an up to date Pricing guide and to check availability.
2. WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE HAVING YOU PHOTOGRAPH OUR WEDDING?
For me it’s all about documenting natural moments and avoiding awkward posey-ness. For the majority of the day, I’d like you to not even realize I am there, capturing everything from the sidelines allowing you to enjoy the party you’ve spent a year planning!
I don’t want to just capture the day as it is, I want to capture how it feels, the “outtakes’ and all the beautiful unscripted moments you won’t have noticed as it happened.
When we do step in to offer guidance during the Couple Session, it’s more about cues for natural interaction, to make you feel comfortable and create authentic moments that don’t come across as fake or awkward.
To hear what my past couples have said about their experience. Visit the “Testimonial” page.
3. WE ARE AWKWARD IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA. IS THAT OK?
Totally! It’s super normal. I get this almost every wedding, even from the majority of the couples featured on my Website and Instagram that might seem like naturals in front of the camera.
One of the compliments I get most from couples is my ability to make them feel relaxed, break down the awkwardness barrier of getting photographed and draw out their genuine selves. I’m not about over-posing and so being a pro model wouldn’t help anyway, as long as you are open, honest and in love – we will get some awesome photos.
4. MY WEDDING ISN’T IN SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA. WILL YOU TRAVEL AND WHAT ARE THE ASSOCIATED COSTS?
One of my favorite parts of my job is being able to travel and nowhere is off-limits. In the past, we’ve photographed weddings in New Zealand, England, Fiji, Bali, the USA, Italy, France, and Ireland, to name a few.
There are no additional fees for travel for any Wedding within a 2Hr Drive of Sydney. For longer drives, interstate, and international bookings, there are fixed rates that are on my Full Pricing Guide which is available on request via the ‘Enquiry’ Page.
5. HOW LONG WILL WE SPEND GETTING COUPLE IMAGES ON THE DAY?
The real answer is, it’s totally up to you. It depends on your priorities as a couple and how you want to spend the time on your wedding day. Some couples don’t want to miss out on too much of the party and want an express photo session of around 30 minutes long. Other couples would rather more alone time away from the crowds or just want to nail the shots with varying locations, so we can spend over 1.5hrs.
The majority of couples end up somewhere in the middle, around 45 min – 1 Hour and during our initial chats, we will learn what’s important to you, give you advice on your timeline, and how the Couple session might fit in best with your day.
6. WE’D LOVE TO MEET BEFORE WE BOOK IF WE CAN?
That would be great! If possible, I always try to meet in person before accepting a booking. The meeting allows us to get to know each other a bit before the day and make sure we are a good fit. Coffees on me!
7. HOW MANY IMAGES DO WE GET AND HOW?
Lots! I usually say you can expect between 600-850 individually edited images. For longer days it can also jump up into the 900’s depending on how much is happening.
You will receive the images via a beautiful and private online gallery. From this gallery, you will be able to view and download your high-resolution images, share them with friends and make selections for Prints and Albums.
8. HOW SOON WILL WE GET OUR PHOTOS AFTER THE WEDDING?
I send out a mini-preview of 20-ish Images within 10 Days of the Wedding and then the final gallery is sent out between 4-6 Weeks from the Wedding. The exact delivery time depends on the time of year and how busy I am at that time.
For example, In peak Spring/Summer it is usually closer to the 6-Week mark.
10. ARE YOU LGBT-FRIENDLY?
11. HOW MANY WEDDINGS DO YOU PHOTOGRAPH EACH SEASON?
I try to limit myself to 45 Wedding bookings per year.
12. WHY SHOULD WE GET A SECOND PHOTOGRAPHER?
There are so many benefits to having a second photographer. Here are a few of my favorite benefits;
1. They double the coverage during the same amount of time which makes it less likely any spontaneous moments will be missed throughout the event.
2. It allows simultaneous coverage in different locations, which is super helpful during the Getting Ready portion of the day, Otherwise, the Groom has to get ready and then wait around 100% dressed well before it’s time to leave, trying not to spill anything on his suit.
3. Multiple perspectives on important moments like the Bridal Entrance, being able to capture not only the bride walking down the aisle but also the Grooms first reaction to seeing her is almost impossible with one photographer.
4. A Second Photographer means we have an extra set of two cameras in case (touch wood) any kind of technical malfunctions do occur.
5. During quiet moments of the reception, I like to send them off to start making digital backups of the images so the images are already secure before we even leave the wedding.
13. DO YOU HAVE INSURANCE?
I sure do! Some venues require this, if requested I can send over a copy of all our Insurance information.
14. DO YOU ALSO TAKE FORMAL FAMILY PHOTOS ON THE DAY?
I sure do! While it might not be the most exciting part of the day or produce the most creative images, I do think it’s one of the most important sessions to do. It’s rare to get entire families together, not to mention dressed up in a beautiful location while you have a photographer. These are the images that your parents are going to want to hang on their wall and will become more and more valuable to yourselves as the years pass.
I still keep it in my style, so they are taken with natural lighting and in a relaxed manner.
In the lead up to the day, I ask for a full list of every family group to capture, then we go one-by-one on the day to make sure no one is missed.
15. WILL I BE ABLE TO GET A COPY OF THE RAW FILES?
No, sorry. There aren’t many photographers that would be willing to part with them. They are also just super big files that require special photography software to even open/view them.
16. WHAT IF WE CANCEL/RESCHEDULE OUR WEDDING?
In the event that you need to cancel or reschedule your wedding, unfortunately, your initial Retainer and any payments processed are non-refundable. The Retainer guarantees that I hold your date exclusively for you and I will actively turn down all other enquiries for that date.
However, if you do find yourself in that situation, please get in contact and we can discuss your personal circumstance and see if there’s something I can do.
17. DO YOU ALSO DO VIDEO?
I don’t, however, I know some really amazing people who do. Shoot me through an email on the Enquiry page and I can send you a full list of my favorite Vendors to work with including Videographers.
18. WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR AN ‘X’ FOR OUR WEDDING, CAN YOU RECOMMEND ANYONE?
Whatever the ‘X’ may be, there’s a good chance I know someone amazing that previous brides have loved.
I can provide a full recommended vendors list to anyone that requests it.
19. HOW DO WE BOOK YOU IN FOR THE WEDDING
I take bookings on a first-come, first-served basis. To secure a booking, we require a signed contract and a 50% retainer. The retainer must be paid within 1 week of receiving the Invoice, after that, I will start to take a meeting for other inquiries on the date.
To be fair to everyone, we don’t hold a booking until we have a signed contract and the deposit.
20. ONCE WE HAVE BOOKED YOU IN, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Once we’ve received your signed contract and processed the retainer, we will follow up with an email to confirm all your details. You’ll also gets access to an Order link, from which you can keep track of payments and view/print receipts.
From here we can have as much or as little communication as you like. I’m happy to answer as many questions as you may have about the day, anything from timeline questions to vendor recommendations. I’ve been to over 100 weddings at this point and have a wealth of knowledge that I’m happy to share.
Once we are a month away from the wedding date, I send out an email to confirm details and request a copy of the Run sheet.